MakingChange’s mission is to empower individuals and families to achieve financial stability. We are currently seeking interested individuals to join our team for the following position:
VITA Site Coordinator
Position Overview: MakingChange is seeking a site coordinator for its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, an IRS supported community service. MakingChange is a non-profit organization focused on providing financial education and asset development opportunities. The VITA Site Coordinator is responsible for management of the community-based tax preparation site at the North Laurel Multi-Service Center. He or she provides support and guidance to volunteers who prepare tax returns for low and moderate-income taxpayers. The position will start no later than November 1, 2015 and end May 31, 2016. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
for consideration based upon the qualifications and responsibilities listed below.
- Assume management of and ultimate responsibility for the tax site, including local operational logistics and maintaining a good relationship with community partners.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is appropriately filed and all elements of the Quality Site Requirements are met according to IRS guidelines.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers preparing federal and state income tax returns on TaxWise software.
- Prepare and review tax returns, when necessary, and work directly with clients to correct rejected returns.
- Implement client marketing, scheduling, sign-in and office flow procedures to ensure smooth operation of site.
- Assist in fulfilling post tax season reporting requirements.
- Minimum two years’ income tax preparation experience and knowledge of tax benefits for low and moderate-income taxpayers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse audiences.
- Strong management skills; ability to work well with volunteers and other staff.
- Preference for candidates who have strong computing skills and are experienced using TaxWise Online.
- Preference for candidates who live or work near the host site and are familiar with the community to be served.
- Preference for candidates who have tax experience at a VITA/TCE site. Strong preference for candidates who have been VITA/TCE coordinators.
- Must be able to work 30 hours per week, including evenings and Saturdays. The schedule for tax preparation is Monday and Wednesday from 4 pm to 8 pm, Friday from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm and Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm.