The Money Matters Fair presented by MakingChange has expanded its offerings for the entire family. Set for Sunday, April 24, from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., at Wilde Lake High School, the free financial education activities include workshops, one-on-one sessions with professionals, and exhibitors. There will be entertainment and food for sale by the Wilde Lake High School PTSA.
For parents and other adults, five major sessions are scheduled:
- Credit $marts – Get and Review your free credit report
- Planning Makes Cent$ — Meet one-on-one with a Financial Planner
- Who Has Their Eye on Your information – Protect yourself from identify theft
- Take Control of Your $ — Learn home budgeting tips
- Going Long – Setting goals that work for you
For youth and teens, the Y-Fi Personal Financial Challenge includes an opportunity to put your money skills to the test. The interactive reality simulation reveals how career, education and spending choices impact success. The popular Y-Fi challenge appeals to middle and high school students.
Other features include the MakingChange Money Booth “Cashinator.” Participants enter the booth and try to catch a raffle ticket and win a prize. A Financial Cent$ Scavenger Hunt is also planned.
Wilde Lake High School is located at 5460 Trumpeter Road in Columbia.