A community that promotes healthy financial behaviors.
Empower individuals and families to achieve financial stability.
Opportunity: Enable everyone to achieve their own financial success story.
Innovation: Embrace new ideas and best practices.
Collaboration: Work together with other groups to benefit our community.
Results: Achieve measurable outcomes that reduce the stress that many feel about money.
Empathy: Listen well and understand the client’s perspective.
Our Goal Statement and Strategies
- Programs: Provide programs that guide people to achieve their personal financial goals.
- Provide a comprehensive financial coaching program with a focus on goal-setting and achieving one’s own financial success story in light of their current financial situation (whether planning, event-driven crisis, etc.)
- Provide pathways to comprehensive coaching through:
- Free Tax Prep and Other Financial Services – with a focus on providing free services to jumpstart participation in other programs and behavioral change
- Trainings and Events – with a focus on providing access to information, raising awareness and opening up access (put out the welcome mat) to those in need of services
- Direct, Targeted Educational Seminars with a focus on providing general knowledge and tools for planning and prevention
- Within all programs outlined above, enhance use of technology to effectively deliver, evaluate and, if applicable, expand reach.
- Partnerships: Collaborate with government agencies, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Strengthen partnerships with human service organizations.
- Engage employers, local government, and others who are affected by the decisions of those who are struggling financially to build support for the direct benefits of changing behavior.
- Use technology to improve referrals, strengthen communication among agencies and partners, enhance access to programs by clients, potentially develop new training tools, and conduct program evaluation.
- Sustainability: Ensure that MakingChange has the systems, processes, procedures, and resources needed to maximize its impact.
- Create a three-year financial plan that includes annual revenue & expense projections that align with this strategic plan to include revenue raising tactics and staffing requirements.
- Create a communications/marketing plan to assure that there is alignment with this strategic plan, particularly in fund development and outreach to prospective clients.
- Assure that staff and volunteers are well trained/certified and have the tools they need.
- Define a more repeatable service delivery model.
- Use technology to create databases for clients and donors; evaluation; and any other organizational needs.