Our seminars are available to the clients and employees of human service agencies in Central Maryland.
We are also available to provide seminars for businesses on-site. We serve the general public in such venues as the various library branches throughout the area. The seminars teach comprehensive financial management skills in a user-friendly and meaningful practical way. Each presentation may last up to two hours and could include handouts, quizzes and other materials.
We offer a broad range of seminar topics to include but not limited to the following titles:
- Where Did My Money Go – an exploratory course covering budgeting, saving and ways to increase income and reduce expenses
- Understanding Credit – includes information on establishing and using credit, as well as understanding credit reports and scores
- Your Job and Your Money – a practical class on the tools for acquiring a job and the necessary financial skills associated with managing your income
- Investing Basics – a primer on the jargon of investing and the many alternatives to consider
- Planning for Retirement – it’s not just about money but many other considerations as well
- Preparing for Tax Time – a practical discussion centering around deductions and credits to include the EITC and implications of the Affordable Care Act
- Financial Forum – a lively and engaging Q&A about the financial issues you most want to discuss
In addition we offer other topics inviting guest speakers to address such topics as :
- Affording College – grants, scholarships and the FAFSA are discussed
- Housing – affordability, tenant rights and other issues are explored
- Identity Theft and Financial Fraud – timely information and ways to prevent becoming a victim
To schedule a seminar for your organization, call 410-313-0239 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.